Sunday 23 April 2017

World Book Day - And the start of a Blogathon!

It’s World Book Day today - "a world-wide tribute to books and authors" which will hopefully encourage "everyone, in particular young people, to discover the pleasure of reading and gain a renewed respect for those who have furthered the social and cultural progress of humanity".

This year, Conakry (capital of Guinea, West Africa) has been selected as the World Book Capital for one year. One of the reasons underlying this decision is that it has "a well-structured budget and clear development goals with a strong emphasis on youth and literacy."


To reiterate my own love of reading and spread "bookish joy" (as Sujata Noronha of Bookworm puts it), I have decided to embark upon a Blogathon. For the next thirty days, April 23-May 22, 2017, I shall blog everyday and write about children's and young adult books.

That's a big promise to make, keeping in mind my procrastinating ways, but hey, I owe it to all those writers who have given me such joy through their books.

So, let the reading and writing begin!





No comments:

Post a Comment